Due to COVID-19 the 2020/2021 Winter Basketball Season is CANCELLED
Here is some additional information:
- Our program usually hosts 1000-1200 (boys & girls total) participants
- Registration is conducted between 8/1-9/30. Team evaluations and tryouts happen during the month of October and we are in our facilities practicing by November 1st for program "games" starting 12/1
- Program games run from 12/1 thru 3/1 followed by year end tournaments for most age groups
- Program uses 8 schools and the Churchville Rec Center and are active in these facilities 5-7 days a week
- After speaking with Harford County Parks & Recreation officials, county school administrators, and custodial staffs that we have long relationships with we have learned the following:
- The school system is not accepting P&R request for facility use. Typically, we request our winter gym time by the end of June and receive approval by the beginning of August. There is no timetable as to when request will be able to be submitted.
- Churchville Rec Center, our flagship basketball facility, will be opened on a limited basis to rec programs however we do not have use this winter session.
*** We know this is an ever-changing situation and we will monitor it daily. WHEN & IF the entire student body goes back to school, we will attempt to secure gym time. Minimum time for a basic short season to be set up would be at least 4 weeks. The reality is that if we do not have a GO on school facilities by mid-November no program could be put together. That is why we have decided to cancel the entire season at this time.
We encourage you to check back to the recreation websites as we will provide updates as we have them. OUR GOAL IS TO HAVE OUR AAU SEASON as normal beginning with tryouts in early March. Stay tuned.
BE SAFE in these difficult times. We hope to see you on the courts at some time in the near future.
For the last 25 years I have been involved in the Chairperson role of this GREAT PROGRAM. However, we do not have a choice but to cancel the season. If you have further questions please email me at Nelsonwhite9@gmail.com. If you need to speak with me, please indicate that in your email.